|Also known as||
- "I could pretend to be more like you, Jess, and live on a sparkly rainbow and drive a unicorn around and just sing all the time."
- —Nick to Jess
Nick Miller is an apathetic, socially inept, and hilarious bartender from Chicago who has a keen ability for reading people's emotions. He lives with Jessica Day, Schmidt and Winston. Cece implies that he has a huge crush on Jess. He was dumped by his long time girlfriend Caroline and made her jealous after pretending that Jess was his girlfriend. He found "rebound" with co-worker Amanda. At first, he did not like Paul but later became a good friend of his. Nick is the most grounded of all the roomates. He is "good" at fixing things and hates spending money. Nick dropped out of law school with three semesters to go, something the roommates talk about, a lot.
Realistic and wise-cracking, Nick Miller appears the most "normal" out of the four roommates. He enjoys his sense of privacy and independence despite his inability to effectively function on his own (i.e. cleaning after himself and cooking.) His personality is best described by his passion for jury-rigging anything in the apartment in order to save money and his tendency to stick himself within his roommates' drama while trying to avoid it at all costs. Despite his steady job at Clyde's Bar, he also has a habit of acting he is always strapped for cash. (Although, the fact that the roommates can drink at Clyde's Bar for free might account for that.) He is very loyal; he would drop everything if a friend was in need, like Jess in Cooler . Nick has also been known to get help from friends in dire enough situations (whether he wants it or not (Injured)).
- During the New Girls extras, "New Girl: Jake Johnson", it is mentioned that Nick's crush might be Jess.
- Insists on fixing everything himself because doesn't like to spend money, but is perceived as very poor at D.I.Y. (Bells)
- He is from Chicago. (Cece Crashes)
- Nick dropped out of law school with three semesters to go. (Thanksgiving)
- Nick's grandfathers' names are Mason and Charles. (Thanksgiving)
- Nick and Caroline dated for four years and was devastated by their breakup.
- His first serious relationship after Caroline was Julia, a lawyer.
- Nick's oldest and best friend is his roommate Winston, whom he was friends with as children in Chicago.
- Nick can be very sarcastic, as shown in the Thanksgiving episode, as he drives Paul to the store to get walnuts.
- He sweats when he lies (A Father's Love)
- He tried having sex with Jess. (Quick Hardening Caulk)
- He wrote half a zombie novel.
- Cece's friends and Jess like his penis (Bachelorette Party)
- He works in a Bar
- Nick never washes his towel, he also wears Winston and Schmits underwear.