May 6, 1970
Porter was born in Los Angeles and lived in Temple City, California as a child, though she moved to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan at age 8. She grew up on a river just outside Escanaba, Michigan, where she spent her childhood catching frogs, climbing trees, and raising prize-winning goats and rabbits.
Porter received her B.A. from Northern Michigan University, double majoring in English and Theater. She was Secretary of the Student Body as well as a member of Mortarboard National Honor Society and Sigma Tau Delta National English Honor Society.
Immediately following graduation, Porter toured for two years with the highly acclaimed Missoula Children's Theatre. She then moved to Chicago where she graduated from the Second City Conservatory and The Annoyance Theatre, and also performed in dozens of theatre productions.
Porter currently resides in Los Angeles. She is a main company member at ACME Comedy Theater, where she performs both improv and sketch comedy. She has appeared in dozens of national commercials and teaches a class in commercial audition technique. She is also an active volunteer and mentor with a non-profit organization called WriteGirl.
- Porter was adopted as a baby in Los Angeles. Her half sister, whom she never met until they were both adults, was born in Switzerland. When Porter found her birth family, she and her sister happened to be living three blocks from each other in Chicago.
- Porter attended Northern Michigan University where she was selected from thousands of graduates to be named Outstanding Graduating Senior by the National Association of University Women.
- A veteran improviser, Porter was a company member at ACME Comedy Theatre for seven years. She was also a member of DVDevious: the Improvised DVD and and a founding member of Tigerpants at iO West (performed with that group for three years). She is a graduate of the Second City Conservatory in Chicago, Annoyance Theatre (Chicago), iO West (LA) and ACME Comedy Theatre (LA).
- Winner of several awards at ACME Comedy Theatre including Best Female Performance for "Hollywood Dream Role" in 2010.
- Has starred in dozens of national commercials for such clients as Hallmark, American Express and AT&T (see "Other Works").