Jess and Cece are invited to a party at a mansion held by Prince. Nick blurts out that he loves Jess, with Jess giving an unexpected response. As a result, Nick and the guys try to get into Prince's mansion so Nick can set the record straight with Jess.
Jess wants to return her feelings for Nick, but can't get the words out. Prince appears to them and asks for time alone with Jess so that he can get her to admit her feelings. After insisting that she eat pancakes, several games of ping-pong and new outfit, Jess finally admits she's afraid to admit her feelings. She says that she really does care for him, and is worried that if something goes wrong, it'll be too painful. But Prince has some great advice too: “anything beautiful is worth getting hurt for.” After getting back to the party, she's able to tell Nick that she loves him. Prince then invites her to stage to perform a song.
- Zooey Deschanel as Jess Day
- Jake Johnson as Nick Miller
- Lamorne Morris as Winston Bishop
- Max Greenfield as Schmidt
- Hannah Simone as Cece Parekh
Special Guest Star
- Clayton Kershaw as himself
- Alessandra Ambrosio as herself
- Ana Beatriz Barros as herself
- Lais Ribero as herself
- Michael Zane as Bouncer
- Chante Carmel as Attractive Woman
- Joshua Welton as Bouncer #2
- Hannah Welton as Band Member #1
- Ida Nielsen as Band Member #2
- Donna Grantis as Band Member #3
- Damaris Lewis as Dancer
Notes & Trivia
- Due to the untimely death of Prince on April 21, 2016, Fox aired a special encore five days later on April 26 in place of the already scheduled repeat of The Grinder with a memorial dedication to the musician appearing at the start of the episode.
|Season 2||Season 3||Season 4|
All In · Nerd · Double Date · The Captain · The Box · Keaton · Coach · Menus · Longest Night Ever · Thanksgiving III · Clavado En Un Bar · Basketsball · Birthday · Prince · Exes · Sister · Sister II · Sister III · Fired Up · Mars Landing · Big News · Dance · Cruise